30 September 2012

Respect

respect |riˈspekt|noun1 a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements: the director had a lot of respect for Douglas as an actor.• the state of being admired in such a way:his first chance in over fifteen years to regain respect in the business.• due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others: respect for human rights.• (respects) a person's polite greetings:give my respects to your parents.
2 a particular aspect, point, or detail: the government's record in this respect is a mixed one.verb [ with obj. ]admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements: she was respected by everyone she worked with | (as adj.respected) : a respected academic.    • have due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of: I respected his views.• avoid harming or interfering with: it is incumbent upon all boaters to respect the environment.• agree to recognize and abide by (a legal requirement): he urged all foreign nationals to respect the laws of their country of residence.ORIGIN late Middle English: from Latinrespectus, from the verb respicere ‘look back at, regard,’ from re- ‘back’ + specere ‘look at.’
Hi,

As you can see, I have kindly took down the meaning of respect from none other than Oxford Dictionary and pasted it here so that references can be made easily. It has come to my attention from yesterday text message, that you wanted me to respect your time. I must confess that upon receiving that, I was surprised. In all my 23 years of basically non-existent living, I have never been accused of not respecting or not giving due regards for one's feelings. (Taken via Oxford Dictionary) 
Yes, I do admit i have been mean to others, but they are normally my loved ones and they understand that deep down I was only teasing. Hence, if I had previously implied that I was not respecting your time, please do know that I was only joking, or in cool kids term, "Just Kidding!" Perhaps, your sense of humor and mine is of different frequency and I can only blame myself for that.
However, if you had taken it the wrong way, please do accept my humble apologies and be comforted to know that I would never ever disrespect your time. You are a busy man, with weekdays and even weekends filled with all sorts of activities. I am sorry to have taken so much of your time and I will work on it.
With that in mind, please continue to love me like before and once again I am sorry for everything and am grateful for your magnanimous personality.
I love you.
Yours forever,Yi Qi

No comments:

Post a Comment