03 September 2012

Autobiography, in a third person narrative


Many people might know him as Harris Lim
the tall guy who studied at NUS,
forever late for lectures and tutorials.
he might seem as an introvert shy awkward guy
but once you get him talking,
the real problem is asking him to shut up
and believe me, I know best

Tall, dark and completed with bad boyish look,
my type of guy exactly
but underneath it all,
he is not the image he portrayed.
  
Yes, he has his bad boy moments
from lighting up cigarettes to clubbing and trying to get drunk.
(though apparently he has now quit smoking)
but underneath it all, he’s a stay home guy
satisfied with his weekends burn simply
watching soccer and mugging hard.
he is fascinated with the newest tech gadgets
and is what everyone considers now
a social media addict.

photography is his love
from owning his DSLR
to learning photoshop and lightroom
and trying not to judge, a Holga camera.
his OCD ensures his photos are all nicely edited
his folders are all in place
and his music needs to be classified under playlists
and completed with albums name, artwork and lyrics

however, that being said,
one look from me is enough
to make him drop whatever he is doing
rushed to my side.
and placed his full attention all onto me.

because,
he loves me and will do whatever it takes
just to see a smile on my face.
he pretends to lose
so that I can win.
he goes along with all my silly games
though he draws the line at
my nonsense theories
(which could totally be true, think out of the box!)

to the world
he’s Harris Lim
but to me
he’s my boytoy
the guy I love a tad too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment