04 January 2013

2012.



That was my last tweet of 2011.
and admittedly, very bittersweet. 

Now, at 2012, I did it. As unbelievable as it sounds, I am top of the world again. Even higher than I have ever achieved. And, this time, I believe that even if I were to fall, I am in the safest hands possible.

Cliche as it sounds, I'm finally home. 

2012 was FUCKINGFANTASTIC.

I can't even start on the comparisons.

Compared to the girl that cried so much in 2011, the girl who swears at everything, the girl who thought she had lost it all. 
It's amazing how 2012 I lived through everyday. 
Smiling and laughing so happily, 
basking in the love that my family and friends are so willing to give me.

Here's the highlight of my 2012.

GRADUATE!


And another one with my chio straight hair and perfect tan. and also zc behind adjusting his robe.


And lastly, one with the epic jumping shot with the best-est friends one can graduate with.


Mathematical science honestly has given me lots to cry for.
 I've never mugged so hard for something that I'm not even remotely interested. 
This course is so thankless and I know if I don't have this group of friends.
 I will not make it. 

So, thank you. zhicheng, sijie, cheryl, tim, fab, kian seng. 

And Clara, next year is your turn. 

And to Dom, Yue En, Ray, we are finally together with you in this working society.
 Cheers to good stay-cation.
 Especially to you Yue En, without your claims, all would be impossible. 
Moral of the story: Stay on this company. 


UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Went on a Work And Travel scheme.
 It is my last chance to do something so nonsensical,
 so ridiculous, and yet so adventurous.

 I really wanted a great adventure before I go out to the working world.
 So I signed up this trip on a whim.

 Paid the $100 deposit, and started paying more and more. 
And before I knew it, 
I am on a 16hr flight to NYC.  

First day of NYC, lost my camera.
 I'm normally not a careless person,
 I check and double-checked my belongings almost every minute. 
But, camera mysteriously disappeared. 
Anw, 破财消灾. 

Started out working as a ride operator, managing the lamest ride in the abandoned pier.
 Thank god Peiqi was with me and we went crazy at outlet stores on our off days. 

The Atlantic City

Bought way too many similar stuff. Having a good fashion taste has its downs. 

Oh, and I had the most awesome roomie, Livia 
who squeals at the exact same things. 
Sometimes it's a tad creepy. 
But whatever, Harry Potter (and tattoos) for life.   

and not forgetting our Taitai life at NYC. those were the days.

Later on, we became life guards and met the coolest people. 
Working everyday wearing flops, 
those were indeed the sex. 


But enough of the work, the travel part was too legendary. 

New Jersey, Washington, New York, Niagara Falls, Boston, Miami, Orlando and back to New York.

Visiting the happiest place on Earth. (THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER)
and I caved in and bought the Gryffindor scarf.

"You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart.
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart"


And you know what, I'm gonna let the pictures do all the talking.

Driving on the left side is infinitely challenging. (even for such a pro driver)



Meeting the Obamas (At NYC Madam Tussades) is always cool. 
Livia doing a very sultry secretary and a bimbo me picking up the phone.

And here's Washington.  The US Capital.

And doing fantastic jumpshots at the Miami beach 
just after few hours of watching epic 1 hour
 duration long fireworks during 4th of July. 

And how can we not go to one of 7 wonders of the world.



And the second happiest place on Earth. 

Our own version of U.S.A. (in front of Magic Kingdom, Toy Story)

My tan is too good to not be missed.



And my favorite Winnie with the lengendary clique I hang out with

And lastly going back to NYC with Livia and meeting Haymitch from Hunger Games.

And who can forget my Tiff and Co shot. The best till far.
#audreyhepburn

All these would not be possible without the clique I made in Morey's Piers
Wildwoods suck so bad but you guys made 
Mag House 2 Level 2 so fun.



HARRIS LIM



I guess the biggest reward going on on a whim to USA
 is probably you?
Or maybe not.
NYC was hard to beat. 
those 10 days living the life of a tai tai.

But, you came close.
All those late nights talking/skyping
and then you are finally back to my arms.
though admittedly shorter.



I cannot wait for your graduation
two more years
#letsgo

GENTING



Virgin trip to Genting
LOL
So much fun

the company was amazing
food was cheap
in fact it was FREE!
thanks to our Bao Zi 
where we won 1.5K (RM) each.
#beginnerluck

I know I was horrible to you guys in 2011
and I hope you understand why

nonetheless, thank you for being there

be it my graduation

or my birthday
where I was degraded to a siambu.
tsk tsk.






And with that,
I look forward to 2013. 
Where I believe it's gonna be even greater.
because I have you all.

PS: Was feeling rather blue yesterday, took a look at my 2012
decided that I'm worth much more.

And to you,
You shouldn't make me feel so lousy about myself
I don't think I did wrong to you. 
And I hope one day you can explain to me
I'm ready to understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment